Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Bothersome dreams


Red blooded, White skinned oh and the Blues. I got the Blues! I got the Blues! That's me! That's me!

Dreams facinate me. From what I remember from my psychology class, no one knows why we dream, just that every single living person on this planet does it. Maybe dreams are supernatural visions. Maybe they are our memories working overtime. Perhaps they are just chemical misfires.

The worst dreams are not nightmares, because upon awakening you know full well they were nothing more than apparitions trapped inside your skull. The dreams of your subconscious, the ones that bring issues to light so blatently that you cannot even fool yourself into ignoring, those are the worst. When you wake up and know full well that your dream mirrored how you truly feel and your gut becomes clenched with guilt that comes from being unable to run away, those are the worst.

It's funny how worrying about stupid, inconsequential things makes you feel worse than worrying about real problems. It's this phenomenon where something fairly mundane wrecks your day, but you aren't an idiot and realize that it shouldn't be bothering you in the first place, so you feel twice as shitty for getting worked up about something dumb.

Lord, what fools we mortals be.

wesleyskysoltis.ytmnd.com,
Cathi

No comments:

Post a Comment